Baccante – IGT Rosso di Toscana
Obtained by the vinification of Sangiovese and Merlot grapes. This wine is produced in the best vineyard of the farm. The favorable exposure and the clayey the soil lead to a great quality product. The wine is aged in small oak barrels for about 12/14 months, and then it is left to mature in the bottle in order to reach an intense ruby red color, a strong and resistant bouquet. It is fruity with light spicy notes. Well balanced and with good structure, it matches with roasts and red meats. We recommend to serve it at 18° C. temperature.
- Production area: Rignano sull’Arno (Fi), the grapes for the production of this wine come from the most prestigious vineyard of the farm.
- Grapes: Sangiovese and Merlot.
- Microclimate: variable for the different zones, but generally characterized by hot and dry summers with high temperature fluctuations between day and night, that lead to an optimal ripening process of the grapes.
- Altitude: 400 m above sea level.
- Age of vineyards: variable. The oldest vines date back to 1975 but most of the production comes from the vineyards that have been replanted and have mechanic systems.
- Breeding system: guyot.
- Soil: mostly clayey.
- Plant density: 8,000 plants / hectare.
- Yield per hectare: 50 quintals / hectare.
- Harvest period: end of September. Baccante is produced through the meticulous selection of the best bunches.
- Alcoholic fermentation: the alcoholic fermentation lasts about 15-18 days and was carried out through the inoculation of selected yeasts, with careful monitoring of the fermentative maceration on the skins, in order to make a perfect extraction of color and fragrance.
- Malolactic fermentation: conducted in a natural way.
- Maturation: after completing the malolactic fermentation, the wine is matured in small oak barrels for about 12/14 months.
- Aging: in bottles before putting it on the market, for 4 months minimum.
- Color: intense ruby red.
- Smell: wide and persistent scent, it is fruity with light spicy notes.
- Taste: full bodied wine, pleasant for balance and harmony of the alcoholic part with of acidity and tannins components wisely distributed.
- Serving temperature: 18 ° C.
- Alcohol content: around 13% vol.
- Recommended pairings: recommended with red, roasted and grilled meats, game, braised meats, aged cheeses.
This post is also available in: Italian
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!