Salmon, honey mustard, mango and quinoa. Healthy food for a healthy recipe in order to face the new year’s wellness challenges. With a lovely glass of Volognano’s white wine, obiouvsly
January is not just the first month of the year but also the specific month after holidays when everyone starts their New Year´s Eve resolutions. Which were your resolutions for this year? Ours of course diet and exercise among others, but for that reason and in order to motivate ourselves to accomplish them during the whole year, here we share with you a healthy good recipe option to make.
• 2 fresh skinless salmon fillet (230 g)
• 2 teaspoons honey
• 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
• 1 large clove garlic, minced
• ⅔ cup cooked quinoa
• ½ cup chopped fresh mango
• 1 to 2 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped fresh jalapeño chile.
• 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
• 1 teaspoon olive oil (Volognano´s extra virgin olive oil)
• Salt & black pepper
1. In a small bowl, stir together honey, mustard and garlic. Brush both sides of salmon with honey mixture.
2. For a gas or charcoal grill, place salmon on grill rack directly over medium heat. Cover and grill for 4 to 6 minutes. You can also cook it on a pan.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together quinoa, mango, jalapeño pepper, toasted almonds, olive oil, salt and black pepper for the quinoa salad.
4. Served the grilled/cooked salmon together with the quinoa mixture salad.
Pairing.This recipe matches perfectly with Volognano´s white wine “Donna Patrizia”. The fruity citric and smooth taste will balance the honey – mustard salmon and quinoa salad.
Although we know they exist thousands of amazing good healthy recipes to make, we liked to share with you this one, for you to know that being healthy could be very easy and preparing some dishes is not always as hard as we think.
For us, healthiness is a lifestyle and eating well is a habit. Food can have a positive impact on us, not only in our bodies but also in our state of mind, for this reason we aim you to adopt for this year a lifestyle full of healthy dishes and healthy habits which will bring to you a lot of benefits. We hope you the best for this year 2019!