March is the spring month, mainly because yes, spring arrives, and all the fresh and colorful dishes comes out to be tasted. For that reason, we want to share with you a very fresh delicious dish for this season.
Prep time: 10 min, 6 servings
For the Tuna:
1. 350 g sushi grade tuna
2. 1 ¾ teaspoons of soy sauce
3. ¾ tablespoon of toasted black sesame seeds
4. 1 scallion, thinly sliced
For the Guacamole:
1. 2 avocados- peeled and mashed
2. 1/2 small onion, finely diced.
3. 2 tomatoes, diced.
4. 3 tbsp, fresh cilantro, chopped.
5. 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely diced.
6. 1 lime, juiced.
7. 1/2 tsp salt.
1. In a bowl, mash together the avocados, onion, tomatoes, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix all and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Cut the tuna into small cubes. Add the soy sauce, black sesame seeds, and scallions. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
3. Place a ring mold on a plate and fill it with guacamole. Then add on the top a big spoon of tuna tartare.
4. Remove the ring mold and sprinkle a few sesame seeds on top. You can top it too with a cilantro leaf for an additional aesthetic effect.
This recipe matches perfectly with a chardonnay white wine like Volognano´s PER TE wine. The combination of the tuna and the creamy taste of the avocado, balance with the dryness of the wine.